WHY IS MEMBERSHIP IMPORTANT?
Paul tells in Ephesians 2:19: “You are a member of God’s very own family and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.” We desire you to become a member because…
- The church is a family.
- God expects you to be committed to a local church family.
- A Christian without a church family is an orphan.
- We grow (mature) in fellowship with a church family.
All are welcome to attend, participate and serve in many capacities. Members are eligible to…
- Vote at Quarterly Business Meetings.
- Serve as small group leaders.
- Serve on Leadership Team, Deacons, or Finance Committee.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER?
- Profess your faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- Be baptized as a believer by immersion. Click HERE for FAQ about baptism.
- Attend an Orientation Class where you will learn about Emmanuel’s mission and vision, what we believe, how we are structured, and how to get involved. It is also a good opportunity to ask our staff any questions you may have about Emmanuel.
- If, after attending an Orientation Class, you would like to become a member, a Deacon will meet with you to share their salvation testimonies and hear your testimony, to assist you in finding a place of service within the church, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Share your salvation testimony with a recognized Emmanuel small group.
- Members from churches of the same faith and order may be received by letters of recommendation from their respective churches.
- After completion of the above, you will become a member of Emmanuel.
If you have questions about membership, please contact Terry Candler.